Old 26-06-2013, 12:49 AM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
dpb[_2_] dpb[_2_] is offline

Default Reparing a sloping lawn

On 6/25/2013 4:49 PM, Lawn Ranger wrote:

This area still has a little Bermuda grass. I did not want to damage
the roots any more than necessary, so I just pushed the shovel down
about 4 inch and then levered it back just enough to leave a 1/2-inch or
so V-shaped trench for the water to have a place to soak.

Bermuda will not tolerate shade more than partial so if the thin spot is
in shade as shown it'll never fill in that area--you'll need a fescue or
other shade-tolerant variety in the shaded area.

As for the run-off; all will depend on how much and how hard it rains
before you can get something else started.

In warmer areas, mid-summer is tough time to try to establish anything
new; be better to wait 'til fall as far as probability of success unless
you're pretty far north...