Old 26-06-2013, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter James[_5_] Peter James[_5_] is offline

Default Onions

Baz wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

I went down the village to my veggie plot today to plant my beans out
and if I didn't know that no-one can get in, I'd have said they'd been
vandalised. Almost all the leaves have been snapped off and are lying
around but I guess it was the huge winds we had yesterday, all day.
My question is, can they recover?

Tina

They will recover, but don't expect large onions this year.

Baz

My onions are pathetic this year. Small and undistiguished would
describe them perfectly I think.

Peter

--
He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I could see
that, if not actually disgruntled he was far from being gruntled.