Old 26-06-2013, 02:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Corporal Jones[_2_] Corporal Jones[_2_] is offline

Default Bumble bee

I have a raised sitting out section at the top of my garden, been
renovating it over the last few days laying down new chipped bark and
repairing the wooden frame/arch.
Today I am re-treating the wood with preservative when I noticed 3or 4
bees circling by my foot, moved back out of the way and they disappeared
into the bark chippings where I had been stood.
I carried on making sure I did not stand on the entrance, was working
about a foot or two away, I counted 9 flying into the nest before I
moved on.
I always thought Bumbles where solitary but obviously not, these where
quite small with a white rear end.
Never been stung by a bee or a wasp in nearly 62 years, they just
carried on working around me.

Barry