Old 28-02-2003, 01:51 PM
SugarChile

Default Kiwi plants

Mine gets compost each year, but not an extravagant amount of it. I have
heavy clay soil that's been amended. I take the middle road with my
kiwi--it puts out so much growth, I figure it needs some feeding, but on the
other hand I don't want to encourage it to roam even further into the pear
trees, so I keep it moderate.

The south facing wall sounds like a good idea. That's what mine has, but
it's a freestanding privacy fence, and the kiwi grows quite happily on the
other side of it as well!

Good luck transplanting--it shouldn't be a problem.

Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

"Brian Watson" wrote in message
Are they hungry?

Unfortunately, I've got to move a trio of kiwis (one male, two females)

that
were at my house when I moved to it and I don't know whether they do best

on
starving or feeding.

My plan is to prune them back a bit then move them to the new location on

south-facing wall (in England).

Does that sound sensible?

--
Brian
"I know about kittens and knitting. Will that do?"