Old 26-06-2013, 05:14 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens
Natural - Smoking Gun - Girl Natural - Smoking Gun - Girl is offline

Default What are my options for fixing this chewed up drip irrigation setup?

Danny D. wrote:
On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 13:45:53 -0500, Natural - Smoking Gun - Girl
wrote:

if something gets tore up, I just cut that part of the tubing out,
and insert a new piece of tubing using the right connectors.

Well, this 3/4" and 1/4" irrigation plastic is all torn up (I'm not
sure why):

So, I'd like to start fresh (especially as it's easier to build than
to repair), particularly since I have never worked with the stuff
before.

Every spring when I turn on the watering system again, I go through to see
what needs to be replaced, and what is still working well. I guess after
setting this up originally, I'm just so used to repairing something that
wears out I just do it automatically.

One thing about that tubing is that it tends to wear out at the point that
you have a dripper or plug, so I've figured out that I just have to cut off
about a 1/2 inch where it was connected by worn out and re-attach the
original dripper.

btw, that turbing looks like it was damaged by a shovel. I'd probably just
cut out the damaged section and connect the 2 pcs with a straight pronged
connector if doing that wouldn't make it so the sprinkler on the other end
too short.

Good luck on your new set-up!

--
Natural Girl //(**)\\