Old 27-06-2013, 12:31 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens
Natural - Smoking Gun - Girl Natural - Smoking Gun - Girl is offline

Default What are my options for fixing this chewed up drip irrigationsetup?

On 6/26/2013 6:04 PM, Danny D. wrote:
On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 13:08:03 -0500, Natural - Smoking Gun - Girl wrote:

You can get the shut off valve that attaches directly to the 1/2" tubing,

That is an option.

Something, I don't know what, seems to me that I'd prefer the permanence
of the PVC shutoff and *then* the less-permanent stuff, such as a
garden-hose thread which is then attached to the rather flimsy tubing.

But thanks for the idea as I hadn't thought of the shut-off valve,
which is just what I need.

Sounds like a plan! One thing I probably should mention is those glued
pvc sections come apart after being exposed to the weather elements day
after day. You might think it is fine and you have the water pressure
on the pipe, but the valve is shut off and come home from running errand
with the pipes blown apart. We've had to re-glue every section of pvc
pipe that we've ran throughout the yard so we could get a main water
line to the back yard garden and set up the drip irrigation.

Got a call from my neighbor today that one of those sections had come
apart and was producing a geyser in our back yard. He was kind enough
to turn off the water from the source vs me rushing home to turn it off
myself.

--
Natural Girl //(**)\\