Old 27-06-2013, 01:10 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default What are my options for fixing this chewed up drip irrigation setup?

On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 23:09:37 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 10:56:30 -0700, Oren wrote:

The insert is already a reduced size so not
likely you will find a ball valve in that size.

I'd cut off the elbow (save as much pipe as possible).

I was afraid of that. Thanks for the warning.

I'll try this procedu

a. I'll try to pull the green part out of the 3/4" PVC pipe
b. If that fails, I'll cut the elbow off
and replumb with a new PVC coupling, elbow, & valve
c. Then I'll add the pipe-to-hose thread so it can be disconnected
when not in use (like when it's my compost heap again!)

If you get permission to do it.

I'm still in favor of the 8 port manifold. Mine is at surface level
and has been in there for ~ 8 years. Not a single problem.