Old 27-06-2013, 06:39 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens
Danny D.[_5_] Danny D.[_5_] is offline

Default Sudden infestation with this yellow flowered low-leaved tallganglyplant

On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 15:42:03 +0000, Kay Lancaster wrote:

Seeds last up to about 20 years in the soil, and can travel miles on the
wind because they have a little "parachute" of hairs (pappus), and also
many songbirds eat the seeds.

I didn't see songbirds eating; but I did watch this one bee with interest.

I'm not sure what it was looking for - but it kept digging away on
the purple stuff (which is just about the only non-thorny thing):