Old 27-06-2013, 07:40 AM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default New garden bed

F Murtz wrote:
songbird wrote:
F Murtz wrote:
Can I mix grass killed a month ago with roundup into soil With tiller.

yes, but why?

Just because I have some and I thought dead vegitation may be good for soil.

if this is from a weedy lawn or grass that has
gone to seed then it's well worth avoiding.

the first season in a new garden bed the soil
may already have plenty of nutrients (but it
would help to know what was grown there before,
what has been added to the soil and if any tests
have been made).

also, if you are planning on planting anytime
soon it is usually not a great idea to incorporate
too much uncomposted material into the soil (use
it as a top-mulch instead). if it isn't thick
enough to block the light you can plant right
through it without tilling.

songbird