Old 27-06-2013, 08:53 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jeßus[_2_] Jeßus[_2_] is offline

Default New garden bed

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 16:03:30 +1000, F Murtz
wrote:

F Murtz wrote:
Jeßus wrote:
On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 03:35:30 +1000, F Murtz
wrote:

Can I mix grass killed a month ago with roundup into soil With tiller.

You could, but why on earth would you want to?
Why do you want to add roundup?
Ahhh... already dead grass. In that case I would use it for growing
food crops.

What to do with fresh sawdust, I have a lot, if it can not be used fresh
how do you rot it quickest.

Too much work/time to rot sawdust. Been there tried that.
Sawdust is good for growing acid-loving plants though, such as
Blueberries and Azaleas.

If the new bed has 6" of green grass on it do I mow it first and remove
or just run the cultivator tiller over the lot (and the aforementioned
roundupped dead grass from elsewhere.Or roundup the new bed, wait a week
or two then cultivate ?
Now there is a muddled bunch of questions.

Well, the question is what do you intend growing in this garden.

You need to keep in mind that roundup isn't safe and Monstanto's
claims of roundup breaking down safely in the soil has been proven to
be false, and has a lot of health related issues.

How many square metres is this garden going to be?

A few vegies, maybe jam melons,about 5 or 6 sq m.

One problem solved, my new baby tiller machine won't handle the growing
grass,just tried it, looks like have to mow low first.

How about mowing it, then get a sharp spade and cut the grass into
small sections, then undercut it with the spade? That's what I usually
do.