Old 27-06-2013, 12:10 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by deansplit View Post
The time has come to give up searching pages under 'tree leaf id' on Google!... This tree appeared, in fact, 3 separate ones in the same area but I have no idea what it is. The top/new leaves are a beautiful ruby colour and the older leaves are green and these ones seem to have x11 leaves on each branch. I've removed it as it was growing from under our oil tank but have repotted it as if it's a nice tree I'll keep it.

Will it survive in a pot or will it eventually need to go in the ground and what conditions? Thanks for any help. I'm on the East coast of N Ireland if it helps with anything, was growing in a West facing rear garden?

Have uploaded a pic FYI.

Thanks for any help.
Looks like ash to me. Pull them out quick, while you can still get the roots out. Unless you want an enormous fast growing tree.