Old 27-06-2013, 05:54 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

Default Sudden infestation with this yellow flowered low-leaved tallganglyplant

On 6/27/2013 1:46 AM, Danny D. wrote:
On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 06:43:21 -0700, Oren wrote:

...purple thistle weed

I think it's a "Bull Thistle" (Cirsium vulgare).

Apparently it only reproduces by seed, but, the seeds must be
removed from the area...

http://www.cal-ipc.org/ip/management...mber=182.ph p
Plants from Yosemite Valley that were cut at the root crown a few days
after their first flowers appeared and then laid on the ground produced
abundant viable seed (Randall pers. observation). Thus it may be
important to remove cut stems from the area.

Danny, I want to complement you on your picture taking. It makes it much
easier for others to understand what you are writing about and
you really seem to enjoy photography. I have to Email lots of photos
of the work me and JH do to the service corporation we do work for and
I've gone through two inexpensive digital cameras this year. I'm going
to see if I can find a darn rubber coated drop resistant camera. ^_^

TDD