Old 27-06-2013, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Do we spray? Or don't we?

It seems to me that in order to have fresh homegrown fruit and vegetables
on the table it is sometimes neccessary to use some chemical control.
This has been interpreted as pesticide, and yes I use pesticide when I have
to but not by any means my first line.
I would like to know how others in this group go about getting rid of
insects. For example my 2 cherry trees have been infested with blackfly
and I dowsed them with liquid soap to no avail and had to use Provaro in
the end. Problem solved. Likewise with whitefly on the brassicas and moth
on the peas.
In a nutshell, nothing seems to work. Just pesticide. That works.

Baz