Old 27-06-2013, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Do we spray? Or don't we?

In article , says...

It seems to me that in order to have fresh homegrown fruit and vegetables
on the table it is sometimes neccessary to use some chemical control.

I've not found that. I never spray against insects.

I do occasionally make a woodash/ comfrey/ seaweed / bracken leaf slug-
exclusion-zone around the stems of newly planted out brassicas, but only
till they get established. I also tear off any patches of butterfly eggs
I notice on brassica leaves.

I leave it to the birds to control green and blackfly and slugs. We
encourage a very large number of birds to the garden; plus frogs and
hedgehogs.

Janet.