Old 27-06-2013, 09:56 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

Default Brass garden hose nozzles and brass on/off switches (and missing o-rings)

I'll admit, I can't remember ever replacing an
O'Ring on my garden hose nozzle. I did mention
in passing that a dose of silicone plumbers
grease on the O'Ring and the threads may
help the nozzles last longer. Havn't done that
either. I'm not a power user like yourself.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Danny D." wrote in message news

I was surprised that the Harbor Freight Chinese nozzle, which effectively
*looked* essentially the same as the American model, actually performed far
worse at higher speeds - and about the same at the lower, less demanding, speeds.

a. They leaked when shut off (2 out of 7, versus 0 out of 3 for the American)
b. They had a less satisfying spray at full force (the American just felt good)
c. They only used a single o-ring (the American nozzle used two o-rings)
d. The knurling was only parallel (the American knurling was diamond shaped)
e. They had noticeably less heft (the American nozzle just felt good)

However, at low speeds (i.e., wide spray), which is what my wife uses them
mostly for, the nozzles were about the same.

All in all - I don't recommend the Harbor Freight nozzles.

BTW, how often do you guys generally replace your nozzle o-rings anyway?