Old 28-06-2013, 01:40 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens
Danny D.[_5_] Danny D.[_5_] is offline

Default What are my options for fixing this chewed up drip irrigationsetup?

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 14:46:44 -0700, Oren wrote:

If the lines are shallow pull the poly up by hand. It will take you
where you need to follow. Provided they are only a few inches deep.

I had done that, a while ago, and this is what had resulted:

But, by digging perpendicular to the bushes, I was able to uncover
two lines, one big and one small, which only had one open chewed
up end. So I put a garden hose connection on them:

It's a LOT of work to replace them, so, I am beginning to think
I will connect the bigger one to the irrigation valve which seems
to be feeding the missing end:

For that, I'll need to patch a few holes in the existing tube
already connected to the irrigation line:

So, how does this sound for the 'easiest' plan of action:

a) Take the existing 3/4" tubing which is already tied to the sprinkler
system and connect it to the 3/4" tubing that is under the oleander
canopy.

b) One by one, patch the leaks, starting at the first, and moving
onward as they show themselves.

c) Then, figure out why there is a 1/2" tubing, which must have connected
somehow to the irrigation system; but I don't know how yet.