Old 28-06-2013, 02:08 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens
Natural - Smoking Gun - Girl Natural - Smoking Gun - Girl is offline

Default What are my options for fixing this chewed up drip irrigationsetup?

On 6/27/2013 7:26 PM, Danny D. wrote:
On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 15:02:16 -0500, Natural - Smoking Gun - Girl wrote:

If you're starting over, just leave it buried and start it all
new from the source.

Hi Natural, smoking-gun, girl,

I'm was pretty sure the 3/4" and 1/2" drip tubes along the entire
300 feet or so of oleander bushes used to be tied to the irrigation
system - and I do see a 3/4" hose going into the ground at an
irrigation box:

To follow through on your suggestion, I took a look by turning the
irrigation valve on, and this started spurting out of the tube end:

There were only a few leaks, some of which look chewed, others holed:

But, the drip attachment thing seemed to be working fine nonetheless:

The problem is this 20 (or so) foot length couldn't possibly feed
the entire length of the oleander bushes:

So I rooted about and found a 3/4" and a 1/2" broken tube under the
oleander canopy, so I put a garden hose connection onto each of those:

An audible waterfall-like hiss came out of the larger tubing, so,
I was able to ascertain it was badly mauled only about 15 feet from
where the garden hose fed it:

But, nothing came out of the smaller hose, that I could find:

QUESTION:
Do you think animals chewed up these tubes?
(Are they susceptible to animals chewing on them?)

Those leaks look like where 1/4" tubing might have been connected at one
time and broke off. If it were "me", I'd just cut out the bad section
and insert a repair pc... I'm lazy.. I don't want to replace the entire
thing if I don't have to. If the hole is a circle, you might could just
plug it with hole plugs you can buy, too.

--
Natural Girl //(**)\\