Old 28-06-2013, 09:47 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
Vicky wrote ...

Bob Hobden wrote:
When do you pick yours? I ask as I notice one of our allotment holders
has
picked most of theirs already before they are even fully grown let alone
ripe and sweet. Why would they do that?

Are you sure they don't have an earlier variety than yours?
Mine are huge but not ripe.

They were about the same size as mine and very green, like mine, at this
time. They did the same last year, I wonder what they do with them other
than spend a lot on sugar. I'll have to see if I can get the opportunity to
ask. Ours won't be ripe and sweet for quite some weeks yet.
-
I wonder if Sweet Cicely has the same effect on gooseberries as it does on rhubarb?