Old 28-06-2013, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Gooseberries

"Baz" wrote

Some people just don't know when to pick. They see the berries and collect
them. Perhaps that's why.
I like them when fully grown and the hairs have gone and are sweet. But
that is just a memory. If I want to eat mine I have to scrape the mildew
off first. A very tedious job.

Try spraying them with a mixture of milk and water and a drip of Fairy
Liquid. You may have to do it a few times. Cured the mildew on one of our
small roses that has always suffered such that a lot of the flowers never
open.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.