Old 28-06-2013, 09:46 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha[_10_] View Post
On 2013-06-28 14:55:13 +0100, Charlie Pridham said:

Someone sent me this picture of a Honeysuckle flowering in Tuscany
during May, It looks similar to some shrubby ones I have seen but I
have no idea of the ID can anyone put a name to it?
photo | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

If it's a shrubby honeysuckle could it be L. maackii?

L mackii doesn't seem to have the perfoliate leaves
What about L caprifolium? It's naturalised in Spain and S France so wouldn't be surprised at its presence in Italy
Quote:

Also flowering this June at Spetchley near Worcester this lovely orange
Honeysuckle which I think may be L ciliosa from NW USA can anyone
confirm this?
032 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

lonicera small | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Quote:
A possibility is L x tellmanniana which is widely sold. Mine, which came from a cutting from a friend, is certainly pretty orange. No small, sadly.