Old 29-06-2013, 01:21 AM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default my id question

On Friday, June 28, 2013 2:01:29 AM UTC-7, songbird wrote:
looks like legume, but the name given to me

by the person who gave me the plant does not

come up with anyting meaningful when i search...

"Baptista"

very hardy plant, comes up from the ground

each year, appears to be asparagus at first.

probably invasive if planted without some

type of border (the plant in these pictures

was taken from a chunk of another plant and

is about 3yrs old). grows to about 4ft.

full sun. very heavy clay soil where it is

usually damp. the person who gave it to us

had it in normal loamy topsoil and it was

also very hardy there too.

nice purple flowers, many seeds in the pods

(like bean pods when dry).

context/habit:

http://www.anthive.com/id/100_7849_id.jpg

closer:

http://www.anthive.com/id/100_7850_id.jpg

thanks!

Shows where my mind is! I was reading it as "id" the companion/antithesis of "ego". A little puzzzled by lack of prurient contact until I realized....-

HB