Old 29-06-2013, 05:26 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens
Danny D.[_5_] Danny D.[_5_] is offline

Default What are my options for fixing this chewed up drip irrigationsetup?

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 23:36:46 +0000, Danny D. wrote:

As for a more permanent fix, what do you think about me putting
one of these 3/4" slip-to-MHT (male hose thread?) fittings directly
onto the white-and-green part sticking out of the existing PVC elbow?

UPDATE:

I took one of the simplest routes possible; just to see if it
would work.
http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/13435780.jpg

I glued a slip-to-MHT (male hose thread) directly onto the tubing
friction fitting, using lots of the PVC solvent (since it was a
loose fit, probably because God never intended me to glue a fitting
on the outside of the tubing friction fitting):
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/13435779.jpg

Mostly I did it this way because, if the tubing press fitting isn't
actually made of PVC, and if it therefore fails, I'll just cut it all
off and, by doing so, only lose one fitting in the test.

Interestingly, using normal PVC primer & glue, it *seems* to be
holding up.

Note: Substitute "img" for "640" for larger photos.