Old 29-06-2013, 04:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Problem with an orange tree

me wrote:
Hello All,

I have a question regarding an orange plant that I have in my garden.
It is planted in the ground (i.e., it is not in a pot). It is about
three years old. The plant has not grown at all in these three years.
There are very few leaves on it. Often the leaves turn yellowish,
curl up and fall down. During summer (as in now), when other fruit
plants in my garden grow and become full of leaves, it has barely
few. It has now started to shed even leaves that are green.

I initially suspected some insects behind the problem. It could still
be true, but that may not be the only problem.

I wonder if anyone can identify any cure for this problem.

Thanks very much in advance.

Yellow or few leaves are not a sign of one specific problem but a sign that
comes with many different problems. So all you have said is you have a sick
tree.

Where are you, what is your climate?

What is the soil like where it is planted? Depth? Composition? Layering?

Do you feed, water or spray it at all, if so when, with what?

What is the aspect? How much sun, wind and rain does it get? Is it on
potential a watercourse or a dry ridge?

Can you show us a picture?

David