Old 29-06-2013, 12:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] mjciccarel@gmail.com is offline

Default Tapered Cucumbers

On Saturday, June 29, 2013 12:10:52 AM UTC-4, Drew Lawson wrote:
This is a [minor] problem I had last year, and the one early vine

this year looks to be continuing it.

At least some of my cucumber vines have a tendency to produce fruit

that gets appropriately plump at the stem end, but never does so

at the blossom end. In some cases, the narrow blossom end curls

back toward the rest.

What causes this?

Last year I blamed inconsistent watering, but that has not (yet)

been a problem, and I have a pointy cucumber about ready to eat.

The cucumbers are mostly for relish, so shape isn't important, but

I like to understand things.

--

Drew Lawson | Savage bed foot-warmer

| of purest feline ancestry