Old 29-06-2013, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Lonicera ID

On 2013-06-28 14:55:13 +0100, Charlie Pridham said:

Someone sent me this picture of a Honeysuckle flowering in Tuscany
during May, It looks similar to some shrubby ones I have seen but I
have no idea of the ID can anyone put a name to it?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/89219640@N04/9157837274/

If it's a shrubby honeysuckle could it be L. maackii?

Also flowering this June at Spetchley near Worcester this lovely orange
Honeysuckle which I think may be L ciliosa from NW USA can anyone
confirm this?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/89219640@N04/9083680100/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8921964...n/photostream/

Never seen this one but can't I say I'm mad on the orange!

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Orange is a bit of a Marmite colour isn't it?!

The strange thing is I rather like it in the Leonotis family, so
perhaps it's a question of what I *expect* a plant to be!

Pictures I can find for L maackii are not quite the same, there are so
many of these shrubby honeysuckles, I am leaning towards L iberica but
that's just from images on the net, would have been good if someone had
actually recognized it

Sorry but I can only be tentative and that's only because we have L.
maackii in the garden!

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com