Old 29-06-2013, 06:12 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Reparing a sloping lawn

David L. Martel wrote:
Bob,

I've no experience with Bermuda grass. I also do not know where you
live. Thus I have no idea what is "normal".
Why are you fertilizing? Is your soil deficient? When did you have
your soil tested?
I doubt that this is a good time for planting or fertilizing grass.
Is this recommended by your extension agent?
Watering 3-4 times a day? Who recommended that?

For starting seed, it helps keep the just sprouted seed from drying out. I do it
when seeding, but just a few minutes each time to just keep the seed moist. It
seems very effective.