Old 29-06-2013, 11:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith in England Judith in England is offline

Default Poorly Beetroot

On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 19:24:41 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

On 29/06/2013 17:09, Judith in England wrote:

Any ideas what the problem is please?

A couple of photos:

http://www.myfinepix.com/gallery/1108861/624137
http://www.myfinepix.com/gallery/1108861/624138

I was going to say scorch, but on a closer look at an enlarged version
of the pics, I think you have a very bad attack of leaf miner.

Many thanks - any other views?
I have looked up leaf miners and I suspect that you are right; 2nd or even 3rd
opinions would be appreciated.

If your diagnosis is correct - I understand that removal of affected leaves and
even the plants is the only real solution??