Old 30-06-2013, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default About not feeding birds

On 2013-06-29 23:03:42 +0100, RustyHinge said:

On 29/06/13 22:44, Martin wrote:

Be glad you haven't got jackdaws. They are smart enough to get food
from the feeders and working in teams they can empty a feeder in a
day.

I have jackdaws (and have just frustrated their attempts to build a
nest in my chimney), and they haven't even investigated the feeders
AFAIK.

I can hear the jackies in my study chimney now. I quite like the sound
but I've never lit a fire in this room yet. But last time that chimney
was swept, I think he got about 4 large bags of sticks etc. out of it!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com