Old 30-06-2013, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Someone said recently to eat broad beans pod and all

In article ,
Sacha wrote:

Yes, he stopped being a Janner and became a Geordie! ;-)

I was always a Geordie, but out on loan.

Ah, we didn't convert you then! ;-) My great-grandmother was a Devon
maid who became a hinny. (I think that's right!)

Correct - pet
28 years in North Devon was obviously not long enough - but it does explain
the chocolate spot in the damp climate.
Oddly it's much drier up here, but I am on the East coast.

Ah, that's quite nostalgic to be called 'pet' again! My grandfather
was born in South Shields but I have no more precise location than
that. As to wet Devon, I sometimes think it defines the "green and
pleasant land", or at least explains it!

Yes, indeed, m' love!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.