Old 01-07-2013, 08:42 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens
Danny D.[_5_] Danny D.[_5_] is offline

Default What are my options for fixing this chewed up drip irrigationsetup?

On Mon, 01 Jul 2013 10:36:18 -0700, chaniarts wrote:

no, i've never seen high
pressure affect these connections.

Thanks for that advice.

I have two areas of this poly tubing (both in sad shape).

1. A short strip of Oleander about 300 feet long.
2. Small garden plots, about 10 feet long by 4 feet wide.

What my plan is, is:

For the Oleander, I'll just connect the 300 feet of 5/8" tubing
to the existing 30 feet of 5/8" tubing which is already connected
to a working sprinkler station.

Then, I will see about connecting the 300 feet of 1/2" tubing,
which doesn't appear (yet) to be tied to anything that I can find.

For the garden plots, which both now have MHT male hose threads,
when the wife isn't looking, I'll rig up a "ladder" of something.

That something will be either soaker hose or drilled pvc pipe,
or poly tubing (but I prefer the first two because they're stronger).

When/if I get that project done, I will update the team!