Old 01-07-2013, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default England and Scotland courts My post to ULM (Identifying Imposters)

On Mon, 01 Jul 2013 18:58:00 +0100, Jake
wrote:

snipped cos you've read it already

Having now downloaded nearly 22,000 posts (again!) and searched
through, it would seem that Emrys Davies (the real one) uses Windows
Live Mail, not Groundhog. I have also noticed another common
denominator in the impersonations, so we have:

1) email address (usually but not always and this is
easy to spoof of course)
2) the Groundhog newsreader (which AFAIK is Android specific and so
offers some additional means to check)
3) the use of aioe.org as the news posting host

plus

4) the ID spoofed is often one whose "real owner" hasn't posted for a
day or two at least and so is, perhaps, assumed to be unlikely to
immediately notice the impersonation.

Also interesting that the spoofers/impersonators have joined in the
attack on the "real" Judith and stirred things up even more. She can,
I think, be forgiven for getting a bit uppity. I would in her
situation.

So check the group every day, folks.

--
Cheers, Jake