Old 02-07-2013, 10:42 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default Sudden infestation with this yellow flowered low-leaved tallganglyplant

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 04:41:35 +0000 (UTC), Danny D. wrote:
On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 15:42:03 +0000, Kay Lancaster wrote:

Try pulling one up... you may find they're attached to an underground
root and stolon system, in which case you may be dealing with
Canada thistle, Cirsium arvense, a noxious weed* in California

Hi Kay,

I started pulling one up, then another, and another, and another,
until ... after a long while ... I filled my chest-high green recycling
bin with the thistle!

8-)

I'm not sure how they process those things at the town recycling
center - but those thistle thorns are nasty!

Pretty much like anything else... dump it in a hot pile, add water,
stir periodically, and turn it into compost. If you can get the whole
pile heated to about 140, it's not going to grow.

Kay