Old 02-07-2013, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Snap! - another one gone. Stailness or mild steel the best forforks?

In article ,
lid says...

On Mon, 1 Jul 2013 22:35:14 +0100, Janet wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 1 Jul 2013 13:57:17 +0100, Janet wrote:

In article ,
says...

and if you were to claim from the retailer?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2006...rrights.legal4

Retailers are answerable to the Sale of Goods Act; they are not
liable for manufacturers' extended warranties which exceed the
requirements of the SOGA.

If a retailer advertises a product with for example a five year
guarantee without mentioning that it is the makers guarantee, the
retailer is responsible.

Do you have a cite for that?

No I threw away the article that I read it in long ago.

I think you are maybe confusing guarantee periods with customer rights
under SOGA.. SOGA rights include a reasonable length of functional
service for that purchased item; IOW customer rights under SOGA can
often, exceed the so-called "guarantee" period.

It seems obvious that if a retailer advertises an item with a five
year guarantee, then the retailer is responsible not the maker.
Like in this advert
http://www.johnlewis.com/cuisinart-g...ker/p230562590
Compared to this which doesn't mention the guarantee
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cuisinart-GR...2681&s=kitchen

Only after I bought it and read the manual did I discover that the 5
year guarantee was the standard maker's guarantee. I went out of my
way to buy from John Lewis because of the 5 year guarantee that they
offered.

A g'tee is only activated when you buy/take ownership of the item; and
must state who offers the g'tee. In most cases the g tee leaflet
provides a tear-off card to send to the manufacturer to register your
ownership.

Janet

Janet.