Old 02-07-2013, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default hawthorn woes

On Sun, 30 Jun 2013 18:01:37 +0000, David.WE.Roberts wrote:

Depending on how far over it is I would have thought a lot of the roots
might have torn out of the ground, so reducing the amount of foliage
might be a very good thing to do, especially if it remains hot and
dryish.

Oddly, there aren't any roots out. But as I said it hasn't really gone
over all that much.

Firstly to note that I am not a tree surgeon

Heh, nor I. Doesn't stop me though!

However if it has blown over it is obviously carrying too much top
growth for the roots to hold in place.

Very stony spot, I don't really know how much root its got, except that
it has a good top and I don't feed it.

Anyway will be hacking it once the flowers are completely finished.

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy