Old 02-07-2013, 06:13 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Lawn Weed - advice please

On Tuesday, July 2, 2013 9:29:28 AM UTC-4, Nick4771 wrote:
Hi, based in the UK and very new to gardening. I'm having trouble with

the attached weed(?), growing throughout my lawn. What is it and how can

I get rid of it?

Many thanks, Nick

|Filename: IMG_1779.JPG |

|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15678|

Nick4771

I'm im the US, not the UK, don't know the specific weed,
but there are herbicides available that most times don't require
identifying the specific weed. First question is if it's in turf
or other desirable plants? If no, then a herbicide that kills
everything, eg glyphosate (roundup). If it's in turf, then a
broadleaf weedkiller for turf will probably kill it.