Old 25-04-2003, 08:10 PM
Miles

Default New Common Laurel Hedge Dying?

I planted 40 bare rooted common laurels (prunus laurocerasus)to form a
hedge in mid-march, then it rained once in 40 days. Despite watering
with a hose once or twice a week the leaves on a dozen of the plants
have gone crispy dry. I've upped the watering to every two days, and
now its raining. Now previously healthy plants are losing their leaves
- is this over watering?

Will the plants with dry or dropping leaves recover? Or should i buy
pot grown plants to replace them?

The bare rooted plants were purchased from a supplier with proper cold
store and planted by the book, lots of organic material, correct
height, firmed in etc.

Thanks,

Miles.