Old 03-07-2013, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Useful for newbies

On 2013-07-03 11:55:24 +0100, Wendy Tinley said:

On 03/07/2013 09:54, David Hill wrote:
On 03/07/2013 09:07, lizgarden wrote:
Hi!

I’m a total newbie to gardening.

But not to spamming

LOL! Funny retort David.

It is so annoying to see an attempt at camouflaged spam, especially
when I'm really careful to separate my profession interests from my
personal ones. The two did cross on this group recently but only when
the topic was introduced by another poster. I manage another website
which is very pertinent for gardeners but I won't mention what until it
seems correct to do so.

Doesn't my halo look nice and shiny!

The urg charter allows anyone with a garden related business to name
that business in their sig.file. The charter says:
"Advertising
Advertising is not welcome, with the following exceptions:
Suppliers of UK-relevant gardening equipment, services or plant
material may post a pointer to their website or invitation to request a
catalogue. This may not exceed four lines. This may be posted no more
often than once every three months. The subject line should begin "AD"
or "ADVERT".

Participants in discussions may include references to their
garden-related business in their .sig (max. four lines)."

NB: The last sentence does say 'participants in discussions' not some
bod wandering in 'off the street'! ;-) I have our business in my
sig.file, so does Charlie have theirs. I think David Hill used to but
doesn't seem to do so now. Cormaic did when he posted here (long time
ago) so it's not frowned upon as long as people are regular posters.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com