Old 05-07-2013, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David.WE.Roberts David.WE.Roberts is offline

Default OT - something to do for an hour in Cambridge

On Tue, 02 Jul 2013 16:46:08 +0000, David.WE.Roberts wrote:

I'll be in the centre of Cambridge tomorrow, finished around 14:00 so
looking for something to do before catching the train back.

Botanic gardens?

Any other gardens open?

Anything else gardening related?

Or a good pub :-)

Thanks for all the helpful responses.

In the end I wimped out and just caught the train home.

It was hot and muggy and Cambridge seemed a bit crowded and grubby.
I had forgotten how it was in the tourist season.

The walk between the station and the centre seemed to be full of small
eating places and A level colleges, neither of which appealed at the time.

Some day I will go punting on the river again, although even that seems a
lot more expensive than I remember.

Cheers

Dave R