Old 05-07-2013, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith in England Judith in England is offline

Default Spare plot - veg?

On Fri, 05 Jul 2013 13:40:57 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

On 05/07/2013 11:34, Judith in England wrote:

I have a small raised bed from where I have just cleared out strawberry plants:
all strawberries were very small and deformed (bought new from B&Q as plants
earlier this year).

Any suggestions for vegetable crops to be sown in it now?

Lettuce, Salad onions, radish, spring cabbage (to use as greens) French
beans.
You could try a few early potatoes if you have any seed |(to give you
some New potatoes towards Xmas though you will have to protect them from
frost.

V Good: you and Baz are singing the same tune. I will try as you say.

Cheers