Old 05-07-2013, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mr Pounder Mr Pounder is offline

Default Roses

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder" wrote

It would seem that roses have become lunch for black fly.
I read that washing up liquid in water kills them.
I have been spraying it on but with the aid of my spectacles can still see
black fly. I dunno if they are dead or what.
Should I see them moving?

If they are dead they will look shrivelled if you use a magnifying glass.
Normally they are nice and plump and , yes, they do move a bit.

I used a magnifying glass and they are not looking to healthy.
They did not move when I gave then a push with my finger.
I have noticed a bit of white stuff on the stems. Is that the dead ones?
Thanks for your help, as you can guess I am not very good at gardening.
Plus, if they read this; thanks to all of you that gave me help with the
moss on my lawn. I have my lawn back.