Old 07-07-2013, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default And speaking of organic...

On Sunday, July 7, 2013 11:28:53 AM UTC+1, Sacha wrote:

We are not greedy, Baz. Please don't expect nurserymen and their staff

to work from 8 in the morning until 5 at night, or later, in all

weathers, so that you can pay too little for quite a lot. There's a

big difference between making a living and profiteering and

approximately 40p a plant for which someone else has done the basic

work and bought the seed, is hardly expensive! You appear to think we

should be a charity and give you cheap plants. Like every other

business, we have to pay wages, insurance, taxes, council tax, rates,

oil bills, maintenance and if we're lucky, eat. Just because these

are plants, there are a few people like you who appear to think a

nursery business is just an offshoot of hobby gardening and that they

should be sold for twopence. Very offensive.

Sacha

But don't forget Sacha, anybody can do it - it's just money growing on trees in the nursery trade.
I'd like to see 'em try it for a couple of seasons if they last that long.
Rod