Old 08-07-2013, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default And speaking of organic...

Somebody will now come up with "The quick Brown Fox

"David Hill" wrote in message ...

My stepson has a nominal 'day off' once a week. In practice, he spends
it delivering plants to customers, or talking to people who want
landscaping and gardening advice. So in fact, both he and Ray work 7/7.
Few people not born to it can manage that.

What's a "Day off"?
as for 9 -5 work.
Finished watering the dahlias last night at 10.15pm and the wind then
felt as if someone had opened the oven door, at midnight the temp
outside was 70f, down from a high of 81f.
This year I am growing all of the dahlias; except the tree dahlias; in 8
inch pots plunged through ground cover membrane, and am mixing a compost
of 50/50 peat and coir with added pearlite.
It dries much quicker so is taking some getting used to.
I'm also having problems with a couple of crows who've pulled out
several plants. and a fox that jumps over the electric netting to cross
the field, to lazy to walk round the outside.
David @ a hot Swansea Bay