Old 10-07-2013, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] jsparkes2009@googlemail.com is offline

Default Figs

On Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:05:05 AM UTC+1, David Rance wrote:
I seem to be getting a bumper crop of figs this year for the first time.

The tree is about twenty years old and either produces nothing to

maturity or only about half a dozen or so mature fruit. Yes, I do know

about root pruning and removing all unripe fruit from the previous year

but this year I did nothing to it and as my reward it is producing

masses (well, a hundred or so) of figs.

I suspect it is more to do with the long, cold spring - but could I be

right? Has anyone else had the same experience this year?

David

Yes I also have a bumper crop this year and so does a friend, we both have
quite old trees. Like you, I didn't do much to mine last year.

Now it is how to stop the birds from eating them!

Jenny in Bristol