Old 10-07-2013, 04:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
News[_2_] News[_2_] is offline

Default OT Website connection? AGAIN!!

On 10/07/2013 14:11, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jul 2013 09:51:41 +0100, News
wrote:

On 09/07/2013 15:17, Charlie Pridham wrote:

|Start Granny Egg Interface mode|
When you have the problem:
In windows, open a command prompt (Start/Run/ type CMD)
and type ipconfig /flushdns in the window
(all without the chevrons)

When I had a problem like Charlie Pridham has, I noticed it because US
military and government sites wouldn't connect. The DNS had been
replaced by malware. Luckily I noticed before I did any internet
banking with a false DNS in place. With Win XP it was easy to see
which DNS was being used.

Using Run ipconfig, the result doesn't stay on the screen long enough
for me to read it

Sorry if I'm misinterpreting, but opening a command window (run/cmd) and
then using ipconfig allows you to scroll up through contents.

ipconfig /displaydns
gives all the current content of the cache

cheers
andyw