Old 11-07-2013, 07:38 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
harryagain harryagain is offline

Default Moss Killer

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
Nice house wall painting weather, patching up the few places the
paint has failed. One patch I *know* I wire brushed and repainted
last year. It's failed again, because there must be moss embeded into
the stone/old lime mortar.

So how to kill the blasted stuff, preferably in one hit and
permenantly. Will Roundup do it? The weather looks set fair for a day
or two so I could squirt it tomorrow and leave it for a couple of
days to get down into the roots before removing the top growth and
repainting.

You can buy algecide at your builders merchant. Give it a few doses.
Roundup doesn't kill moss.