Old 11-07-2013, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Figs

David Rance wrote:
I seem to be getting a bumper crop of figs this year for the first time.
The tree is about twenty years old and either produces nothing to
maturity or only about half a dozen or so mature fruit. Yes, I do know
about root pruning and removing all unripe fruit from the previous year

Oh. I thought you were /not/ meant to remove the unripe fruit, cos it
carried on growing the next year. Mine all dropped off last year cos
the watering system dropped out of it and it dried up. :-/
But it seems about to give its first crop this year.