Old 12-07-2013, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Wendy Tinley Wendy Tinley is offline

Default Is this a Lily 'Pirate'

On 12/07/2013 10:29, Wendy Tinley wrote:
On 12/07/2013 09:48, Wendy Tinley wrote:

Sadly about 20 per cent of the buds seem to be rotten and slimy. Is this
my fault because I've been watering from the top (now changed to
watering the roots - just in case) or is the rot caused by something
else?

This is a picture of the problem.

http://www.theigloo.co.uk/plants/20130711_165124.jpg

Oooh dear, really this is getting bad - following up my own post several
times

I found this pest sat on my lily plant. I zapped it and also sprayed
under the leaves but couldn't see any eggs/grubs.

http://www.theigloo.co.uk/plants/20130711_165246.jpg

--
Wendy Tinley
SE Sheffield