Old 12-07-2013, 08:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
Boron Elgar[_2_] Boron Elgar[_2_] is offline

Default mystery root from hell

On Fri, 12 Jul 2013 09:24:30 -0400, Dan Espen
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak writes:

Okay - this is truly a mystery. There are a series of root that run
what seems to be the length of my long garden bed (very close the
entire 100+ feet of my driveway) Usual depth is about 6 inches, few
have been deeper, less often shallower

snip
I use either loppers or an axe to cut the root.
Cut the segment under the flower bed at both ends, and it's pretty
easy to pull out.

A battery-operated Sawzall works really well, too. We were up to that
fun not more than a couple of weeks ago.

Boron