Old 12-07-2013, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete[_9_] Pete[_9_] is offline

Default Yunan lily

"Rod" wrote in message

On Friday, July 12, 2013 8:05:35 AM UTC+1, Pete wrote:

says Rod --"for the first time". Also for the last time if the report
is

correct (:-(

Pete

Strictly speaking, yes but they make loads of seeds and also several small
bulbs/bulblets around the base so it should in time, given a good site and
a following wind be possible to arrange for a few big bulbs to flower(and
die) each year.

Rod

I think I will stick with my Scarborough Lillies, much earlier flowering,
lots of bulblets and seeds with no apparent parent death.
I confess that I have not tried to cultivate from seed as the bulblets are
so profuse - it has not seemed worth the fuss.

Pete