Old 12-07-2013, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default Cardiocrinum giganteum

On Friday, July 12, 2013 5:21:22 PM UTC+1, Janet wrote:
In article ,

says...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sylvan4...7634610929766/

Well done! Did you grow them from seed?

Janet

Yes, Janet. Seeds from Chiltern seeds ??years ago so I don't know anything about the provenance of the seeds. We had a couple of the seedlings flower at work soon after I retired and I captured the pot with these 2 bulbs in soon afterwards and they've been in their present position for about 3 years.. There are a few small offsets/bulblets around them and I hope to get some seeds from these flowers before the bulbs die.
So there's probably going to be a gap of a few years before I get any flowering again.

Rod